Thursday, 1 August 2013

The Never Ending Bucket List

So this week I've had a heck of a lot of time on my hands. And aside from repeatedly trying to the best of my ability to get my flat in pristine shape, I've been thinking a lot about what lies ahead for me. I've lots of aspirations and dreams for the next few years, and I thought I'd write them down in a list. A) because it stops them all swimming around in my head in no semblance of order and B) because I think a tick list is the only way I'm going to get any of it done. As any of you that know me will know, I do love a list. I love order and structure in my life and to go with it, I am a stationary fiend. I literally can't get enough of it. So armed with my new notepad I have been compiling said list; 

Things to do/achieve/experience before in 35...

• Be able to walk a good distance without crutches
• Re-establish my career in Radiography (very dependent on bullet point 1)
• Have a successful, profitable business of my own
• See Australia and NZ
• Get engaged to the man I love
• Then, get married 
• Have a gospel choir sing at my wedding 
• Look in the mirror and be happy with what I see
• Change someone else's life for the better 
• Get 100 people to join the Organ donor register 
• Buy a house
• Have children 
• Learn how to use an SLR camera
• Learn to use Excel (I don't do numbers)
• Read the classics
• Get my lung function to a 'normal range'
• Put liquid eyeliner on without stabbing myself in the eye!
• Wear high heels out again, and keep them on ALL night
• Learn to quilt
- Go to the Commonwealth Games 2014


So there it is, my little list that will no doubt continue to get bigger!! Now where to begin ......?

Ill leave you with something I saw this week that I thought was kinda accurate :)...


No comments:

Post a Comment