I've always loved crafting. I spent a couple of years making celebration cakes after attending a college course in the evenings. I enjoyed it a lot at first but at heart I'm a bit of a perfectionist and when something doesn't turn out the way I want it to, I do tend to just admit defeat and give up all together rather than honing my skills. So really, I love a craft but I want one that a) Has fast results and b) is idiot proof.
So this year I decided to start out by researching some ideas for a Christmas stocking. It sounded like a good way to mark Lou's first Christmas and could be easily personalised. So I found some really rich cotton fabrics with cute designs and off I went with the sewing machine. I started over a month ago and have only just finished. It didn't take me that long in real time obviously. It's just been hard to find the time and energy to devote to it with a 6 month old to look after. I'd say it probably took me 3 hours tops to complete. But I'm really pleased with it.
Next I turned my attention to making some Christmas decorations. Something we could put Louis' stamp on, not just for our own tree but as gifts for friends and family. My friend Rachel posted a photo on my Facebook page which got me inspired (Thanks Rachel!). It was super straight forward, and fail safe. I made 3 in the end. And again, it took a few days to complete - sleeping baby allowing. But now we have a cute Santa themed baby hand print hanging from our tree. I'll post the photo guide below incase anyone else fancies having a go. Hopefully as Louis gets bigger we'll be able to add to the ornament collection year by year with some different home made ones too.
So there's my festive creations. What are you making this year? Xx



No comments:
Post a Comment