For some reason unbeknownst to me, this year I've failed to do my Christmas gift shopping online. Last year I did 99% of my shopping that way which worked fantastically and meant I avoided the usual stress of Christmas mayhem in Kingston. For some bizarre reason I have spent most of my days in one town or another getting lots of last minute 'necessities' (the inverted comma's signal that their actually necessity is questionable to anyone other than myself!). As lovely as it is to see all the lights and festive cheer, I could really have done without it. Especially with a bubba who shares my disapproval of public transport. Please God bring me a driving license for Xmas!!! And nope, that doesn't mean I have a test booked. I'm just hoping to miraculously find said piece of qualifying paperwork in my stocking... Long shot?
I was sensible enough to at least do my food shop online this year. So I'm expecting a hearty consignment of Christmas carbs to arrive from Waitrose tomorrow. Yippee - no trolley wars for me this year .
We have loads of exciting things planned around the Christmas period. We plan to visit a Christmas event at Kew which should be very pretty as they decorate the gardens with lights. It's also an opportunity for little Louis' to have his first meeting with Santa Claus (more for Sean and I's benefit than Louis but it's all part of getting into the spirit).
We have our real Christmas tree covered in 'Baby's First Christmas' ornaments which is lovely. Quite a few have spaces for photos so we've been filling those up too.
We are very excited for the 25th and look forward to catching up with everyone... And eating our own body-weight in chocolate and turkey...
Feliz Navidad! << thought I'd mix it up a bit by writing than in Spanish {I think I've been somewhat overdoing the Bublé albums}

No comments:
Post a Comment